- Parents are required to attend every lesson.
- Out of respect for LHS young musicians and their instruments, please leave food outside the studio and silence phones.
- Students should wash their hands before each lesson.
- Tuition is charged monthly with payment due at the first lesson of the month. A late fee of $15 will be charged if tuition is not received in full at time of invoice.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes prior to the lesson time so as not to interrupt the previous student’s lesson. Lessons will start and end on time.
- Lessons cancelled by the teacher will be rescheduled or credit will be given towards the following month’s tuition.
- To keep music available to all young musicians, LHS sheet music borrowed for copying purposes should be returned on the same day.
- Students should email (not text) Ms. Haley with inquiries.
- LHS is not responsible for injuries that may occur or be worsened by playing violin or viola. LHS is not liable for any injuries sustained on LHS property. Children must not be left unattended on LHS property before, during, or after lessons.
Attendance and Dismissal Policy
Consistent Progress Develops Musical Excellence
- Monthly tuition reserves an exclusive weekly lesson spot for your child. Given this reservation, the specified lesson time cannot be sold to other young musicians, and additional times during the week cannot be created as makeups for the original time.
- Students are encouraged to switch times with other LHS members when schedule conflicts arise, though these switches cannot be guaranteed. As always, LHS will make the best effort to facilitate these switches between families. To give the best chance for a lesson swap, written notification of conflicts should be given by the first lesson of the month. Anticipated, mandatory conflicts (school orchestra performances) should be addressed at the first lesson of the semester.
- LHS families are expected to plan for their scheduled lesson spot. Students who miss multiple lessons for other activities may forfeit their recurring spot to a student on the Waiting List.
- To retain a recurring lesson slot, a minimum of 48 hours written notice must be given for cancelled lessons, regardless of reason. After 2 cancellations, the recurring lesson spot may be given to a student on the Waiting List. Students must attend 4 lessons per month at their regular time slot (excluding major holidays, planned in advance) to be considered eligible for studio membership.